DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tangerine Tango!

In case you didn't know already, the Pantone Color of the Year for 2012 is called Tangerine Tango and is a hot orange.  I don't know about you, but I think the name alone spells fun!  Orange is on the warm side of the color palette and is a what is known as a secondary color.  The two primaries of red and yellow create the secondary color of orange.  Orange is thought to evoke feelings of happiness, creativity, and well-being.  And you know, you can always get that instantly in a tall glass of orange juice....maybe with a little Stoli thrown in for good measure! :)  The cosmetic giant Clinique named one of their signature fragrances "Happy" and all of the packaging and marketing campaigns utilize the color orange.  When fantasizing about my dream studio, I always picture it with orange walls.  Hot orange is found in Coral, Chalcedony, Mexican Fire Opals, Spessartine Garnets, and Carnelian.  In the coming year, you're going to find it in all the trend setting apparel and of course, jewelry.  I for one am looking forward to seeing it.  In the summer, all I have to do is open my back door and look at the spectacular hot orange hibiscus that grows in the garden.  What's your idea of orange?

1 comment:

  1. I painted the walls of the studio in Oakland orange! it's a good color and scent for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete