DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

Monday, December 19, 2011

Passion


Purple makes me feel good.  I don't know why, but it does.  The color always catches my eye.  It soothes and satisfies something in my soul.  Purple, they say is a regal color.  Elizabeth Taylor, the Ultimate Queen of Gems, had lavender eyes.  Caesar's robes were purple. Vin Noble (typically a Cabernet Sauvignon), isn't really red, but deep purple.  Purple is also a wonder color found in nature, such as the Clematis (seen above) that graces my garden every Spring and Summer.  And....purple just happens to be the color of some of my favorite stones.  Amethyst, Tanzanite, Fluorite, and Charoite.  A first time wire working student named Sean came to my class yesterday and used Fluorite in a beautiful cuff he made for his mom.  The color makes for beautiful combinations when brought together with greens for a cool, complimentary palette, or perhaps purple, magenta and red for a warm, analogous palette.  Cool, warm?  Complimentary, analogous?  What am I saying?  These are color theory terms.  If you don't use a CMY color wheel, get one.  It'll expand your color universe.  The first pair of Arabesque Chandeliers seen below that I created were made with Amethyst teardrops and bronze wire.  Amethyst and gold are a classic combination.  This class is being offered at the Pasadena Bead and Design Show from Jan. 12 to the 15th in January.  Come take a class with me.  I'd love to see you there!  www.pasadenabeadanddesignshow.com

1 comment: