DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

DoubleWave Pearl Cuff

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A First!

It's a sunny, cold winter morning in So. Cal. and I'm writing my first blog.  I'm just building it, so be patient.  Good things will come, I promise!  This blog will be a place to view my latest jewelry projects, class offerings, and timely tips!  My students are one of my biggest inspirations, so I promised them I would offer insights gleaned from classes and their experiences.  The first one is from Susan.  Susan came to my DoubleWave Pearl cuff class this Fall and made some really terrific cuffs.  She was concerned about using Liver of Sulfur on her projects after she's beaded them, particularly when she's used Swarovski pearls.  I told her to test some pearls and get back to me.  She reported that the pearls survived the antiqueing, so that's great news.  The only trouble I've ever had with antiqueing with LOS, is with the aftermarket coatings on Swarovski.  The LOS solution literally ate the coating off, leaving behind a very unimpressive crystal color and totally ruining the piece. :(  Other than that, I've had no problems, despite using fresh water pearls, stones, etc.  I would NEVER antique or patina something with Opals or porous stones such as coral.  My classes at Brea Bead Works are currently listed in the "Q" on www.breabeadworks.com for this quarter and the first quarter in 2012.  My last DoubleWave Pearl Cuff class is on the 18th of this month and the class is sold out.  I will also be at the Pasadena Bead and Design Show in January from the 12th to the 15th with various class offerings.  You can view the classes on line at www.pasadenabeadanddesignshow.com.  I'd love to see you in the new year.  Have a wonderful holiday season and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment